Sanity Agreement for Jon Stewart’s Fan Base
I feel the need to say that I don’t normally write like this but in honor of my favorite Real or Fake Newscaster Jon Stewart, I gave it a shot. ~ Thanks JS for rallying the reasonable.
In order to create a more sane America, I, the undersigned Jon Stewart Fan, agree to the following:
- I will not be a dick.
- I will not be a dick even if the other guy is a dick. (Which means not calling them names like ‘dick’ btw)
- I will not completely dismiss, distort, contort, or literally throw away REAL facts just so I can make my points.
- While I have the right to carry a gun, I will not use it – or my fists or feet or anything that blows up for that matter – to try to communicate my point.
- I will not hate people or assume they are insane just because I disagree with them.
- I will not hate people just because they are Glenn Beck and are most likely truly insane.
- If someone has facts and concerns that are different than mine and talks like a sane person, I will try to listen and I will be nice about it. Including not making disapproving facial expressions, under the breath noises or baiting comments designed to tap into their crazy.
- If someone has facts and concerns that are different than mine and talks like a crazy person, I will ask them to call me back when they land.
- I will pay attention to craziness and call it out in a non-dickish way when I see it.
- I will try not to drink too much of my own Koolaid. And I will do my best to take away others’ keys if I find them drunk on the stuff either.
- I will ask myself: Am I the crazy one? And If I hear myself answer – then I will know it really is me. And it’s all YOUR fault!
This entry was posted in My Attempt At Humor
. Bookmark the permalink